On February 18th 2016 Microsoft released a significant update to Azure AD Connect, version 188.8.131.52. It adds some capabilities and improves on others. For me this is a core piece of the puzzle today and in the future for many of my plans to optimize the future IT Infrastructure & DevOps. Even when politics seem hell bound on slowing you down and cause a serious delay and missed opportunities this piece of technology is key in breaking through those barriers and keep moving ahead.
So what’s in the box with version 184.108.40.206
- Automatic upgrade feature for Express settings customers.
Support for the global admin using MFA and PIM in the installation wizard.
- We can change the user’s sign-in method after initial install.
- We can now set Domain and OU filtering in the installation wizard. As a secondary benefit this means we can now connect to forests where not all domains are available.
- We get a Scheduler is built-in to the sync engine.
Some preview features are now GA:
We get one new preview features which is going to be a hit in world where patience disappeared from the equation:
- The default sync interval is now 30 minutes instead of 3 hours before. this is configurable now in the scheduler.
It also fixes the following issues:
- The verify DNS domains page didn’t always recognize the domains.
- Prompts for domain admin credentials when configuring ADFS.
- On-premises AD accounts are not recognized by the installation wizard when they are in a domain with a different DNS tree than the root domain.
Grab the latest version of Azure AD Connect here.