UPDATE March 9th 2011: I have installed Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup 3 at one site and this did indeed fix this issue finally.
The Microsoft Exchange Team Blog just announced the release here Released: Update Rollup 3 for Exchange 2010 SP1 and Exchange 2007 SP3. This is good news for all the folks out there that got bitten by the Exchange 2010 SP1 bug that causes the Exchange Management Shell (EMC) not to show all database copies after upgrading to exchange 2010 SP1. I’ve blogged about this in EMC Does Not Show All Database Copies After Upgrade To Exchange 2010 SP1 and chimed in to the discussion at Database copies are not all showing up in EMC after SP1 upgrade on the Exchange forums. So apart from cheers for the UDP notifications returning in support of Outlook 2003 let’s hear it for a the EMC case sensitivity bug getting fixed
After while Microsoft also blogged about this Database copies fail to display after upgrading to Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1
We got notified around October 13th that they would included the fix in Exchange 2010 SP1 Roll Up 3 but that they where working on an interim update. They dropped the ball there because communication died about the latter and we were left to conclude we would have to wait for Rollup 3. Well that took it’s time. It’s now march 2011. One of the reasons I think it took so long for Rollup 3 to arrive is the decision for to re-add UDP support for Exchange 2010 for use with Outlook 2003 as blogged about in Microsoft Listens To Customers & Adds UDP Notification Support Back to Exchange 2010
In the ends we will have silly and long unaddressed bug fixed and a welcome aid in migrating customers to Exchange 2010 that are running Outlook 2003. I do wonder however if the bug had been with PowerShell in the EMS and not in the EMC if Microsoft would have fixed this sooner. Sure it wasn’t an issue as you could manage everything perfectly using PowerShell and it was only a GUI bug but for some users/customers this is not as obvious and it made ‘m feel a bit like 2nd class citizens so we had to do some extra “damage” control on that front as well.
Pingback: Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup 3 Pulled – BlackBerrys sending duplicate messages « Working Hard In IT
Pingback: Microsoft re-releases Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1 Update Rollup 3 (V3) « Working Hard In IT